- to visualize the delivery network on a map.
- about the advantages of selecting stations in the graph mode and in the GIS mode.
- Import the Example Workflow from “FCL_Example.zip”.
- Open the Tracing View by double-clicking on it.
- Now you should see a graphical representation of the delivery network.
- To switch to the geographical representation click “Switch to GIS” in the upper right corner.
- The country borders originate from a shapefile which has been included in the KNIME workflow via the Shapefile Reader. Shapefiles are a good way to visualize networks on a map if there is no internet connection.
- To zoom to a certain area of the graph use the mouse wheel. By pressing down the left mouse button and moving the mouse you can move the map (works as in Google Maps).
- If you are online, you can change the GIS Type. If you select “Mapnik”, for example, you can see a visualization with OpenStreetMap data.
- We can now select certain stations based on geography: To select all stations in Poland press the “Shift” key on the keyboard, press the left mouse button and drag with the mouse a rectangle around the stations (everything at the same time).
- The selected stations are now colored blue.
- Switch back to the graphical view by clicking “Switch to Graph” in the upper right corner.
- The blue stations are the ones you selected in the geographical view, since changes you make in one view are automatically applied to the other view.
- That makes it easy to switch back and forth between both representations, enabling you to use the benefits of both.
- Lets now select a certain “cluster” in the graphical view and see where the stations are in the geographical view.
- So select the “cluster” in the red circle and click “Switch to GIS”.
- As you can see the stations of the cluster are located all over France.