- to export a pre-filled Tracing Backward Template
- how to complete the template
- how to create links between ingredients
Note: You need data from the tutorial “Data collection and import”. Please do this tutorial first.
- Open the database and generate a Tracing Backward Template for a specific station, namely for Dry Stuff Inc.
- Start typing “dry” and then click the “Select” button on the left.
- Choose a folder to save your pre-filled Tracing Backward Template.
- Dry Stuff Inc produced flour lot no. Fl101 by mixing flour lots from two differerent suppliers. To include this detail in the current tracing network, fill in the data from “Dry-Stuff-Inc.docx” in the Tracing Backward Template you have created in step 2.
- Please make sure that you write the flour lot number from Dry Stuff Inc (shown in the grey rows) into column A of the ingredient list to tell the database, that the new ingredients went into a specific outgoing good. Write one row per new ingredient lot.
- Import your file into the database (see import button in the red circle).
- Reset the Supply Chain Reader and doubleclick the Tracing View. As shown in the above screenshot there should be two new stations (Mill SE and Mill NW) delivering flour to Dry Stuff Inc.
- What is the difference in the pre-filled Tracing Backward Template if you select or de-select the box “Generate only missing data”? What could it be useful for?